Kenneth Cole Reaction Luggage “Show Business”
The Kenneth Cole Reaction Luggage ‘Show Business’ is the stylish alternative to a traditional formal briefcase. With a bag that is not too formal and not too casual, it strikes a good balance between staying professional and fitting in with style. We still consider this a briefcase for men, despite the initial glance to be [...]
The Kenneth Cole Reaction Luggage ‘Show Business’ is the stylish alternative to a traditional formal briefcase. With a bag that is not too formal and not too casual, it strikes a good balance between staying professional and fitting in with style. We still consider this a briefcase for men, despite the initial glance to be more of the messenger bag type.
Our biggest initial concern is if this bag is too dressed down for work. We feel that despite this bag being classified more towards the messenger bag, the clasps on the side and a sturdy handle on the top bring back the professional look that the shape and strap somewhat take away. Based on requirements ranging from conservative to
casual, the ranking would likely be black, brown, then tan. The strap is detachable and removable, so there is some flexibility to appear more like a traditional briefcase for more conservative business meetings.
This bag has a large interior, we managed to fit our 15″ lenovo easily with the usual laptop charger, cable and external hard drive. We were also pleasantly surprised that this bag had sufficient padding to protect our laptop. With the usual front pouch for your smaller items and a secure back zipper compartment for important documentation, this Kenneth Cole ‘Show Business’ bag is a good balance of utility and size. All the zippers on the bag are heavy duty and appear to hold up well over time. The rear of the bag is secured with velcro, but still allows easy access to items without touching the flap.
We really like the strap on this Kenneth Cole Messenger Bag, it sits extremely comfortably on the shoulder. The placement of the straps on sides allows for easy access to the flap when over the shoulder. We did notice that there is some minor clicking when walking with the bag without fully closing the clasps. Another potential point of concern is the zipper depth: if you look at the pictures, the zippers go quite far down the side, which may be hard to unzip if the bag is on your shoulder.
This is a great bag, definitely among the top 10 favorites because of the flexibility of where it can be appropriately used. For those who are concerned about the price point (view current prices on Amazon), consider the fact that instead of a briefcase that is used five days a week, this can be a bag you take out on a weekend wearing jeans. We love the balance between formal and casual and definitely recommend this briefcase for a jack of all situations bag.
Kenneth Cole Reaction Luggage “Show Business” Specifications:
- 100% leather
- Hand wash
- The leather is a natural material and therefore subject to change from hide to hide and with daily use. The distressed appearance with occasional blemishes and variance in color is normal and does not mean there is any quality issue with the product. Irregularities in the consistency of this leather are inherent of its natural beauty and personality.
- Rich full grain cowhide leather exterior with double gusset, flapover construction, secure tucklock closures and fully lined interior
- Front pocket organizer holds a variety of business essentials
- Front compartment features a padded computer pocket made to hold most 15.4 inch laptops and 3 padded open top accessory pockets
- Spacious rear open compartment and rear exterior open pocket for easy access
- Removable, adjustable and padded shoulder strap